Cattle Hill Wind Farm is committed to ensuring the responsible and compliant implementation of the project throughout the construction, operations and decommissioning phases. This commitment addresses the social and environmental impacts of the project through the application of:
- specific management plans
- targeted procedures and processes
- consultation with local community and government agencies
- ongoing review and monitoring to ensure:
- compliance with the planning approvals
- achievement of the required performance objectives
- identification of any areas requiring improved management, and
- corrective measures as applicable.
Potential social and environmental impacts have been comprehensively assessed. The planning approvals set out conditions for the project. The environmental management system being developed will include a broad range of measures to mitigate potential impacts and ensure compliance with all conditions of the planning approvals.
Our environmental management is incorporated into all aspects of the project’s delivery. Environmental processes and systems will be regularly reviewed to ensure responsible implementation of the project.
Key elements of our environmental management system will include:
- Risk assessment and identification of required controls
- employee awareness training and site inductions
- site specific procedures and guidelines for minimizing impacts
- specific environmental management plans
- system of inspections, auditing and reporting, and
- procedures for compliance tracking, review and improvement.
Management Requirements under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Approval
Condition 6A – Collision and Avoidance Detection Plan
Conditions 16 and 17 – Eagle Research Funding Plan
Condition 16 requires provision of a Plan for Ministers approval to fund research to inform the long term conservation of the Tasmanian Wedge-tailed Eagle. The EPBC Approval Condition 16 Note 1, provides that specific plans approved by the Tasmanian EPA may satisfy the requirements for the Plan required under Conditions 16 and 17. The following Plans have been approved by the Minister (under delegated Authority), see here.
- Eagle Nest Productivity Plan, Revision 5, dated 29/9/2017, see here
- Post Commissioning Eagle Utilisation Monitoring Plan, Revision 3, dated 31/1/2018, see here
- Eagle Mortality Offset Plan, Revision 12, dated 6/12/2018, see here.
Condition 17 of the EPBC Approval requires the implementation of the approved research plan prior to commissioning of the wind farm
Condition 22 – Weed Management Strategy
Condition 23 – Flora Offset Strategy